Monday, June 17, 2013

Fantastic Father's Day

Today was Father's Day and we had a blast! When my dad woke up, we played a little Monoply. It took so long that we just called it a tie. Then my dad opened presents. In school we made a bird feeder for our Dads. We also purchased him some shiny nike hightops. They  were red, white, and blue. Also we got him matching shorts and socks!

At around noon family members started showing up for a party! Our pool was 87 degrees. In the pool we played a game called match stick. In match stick someone dives down and puts a match stick at the bottom, and when it floats up you try to jump in and get it. There were also many drinks, and guess what, I was the bartender! I made refreshing blended drinks for my family and I also handed out other drinks. I had a tip jar. In all, I made $13!

What did you do for Father's Day?
What presents did your dad receive?

3 comments:

  1. @ Collin,

    Wow! Your dad must have been thrilled with his big day! It sounds like you really made it special for him. That's lovely!

    The party sounds terrific as well! The weather has been beautiful, and then to be able to swim and play Match Stick makes it even better! I always love the first dip in the pool for summer! Refreshing!

    My father lives in Montana, so I did not get to see him. However, I will be traveling to a wedding in July that is being held in Montana, so I'll get to visit with him then. I look forward to seeing him.

    Have you had any birds eating the bird seed yet?

    What will you do with your earnings? Will you save it or spend it?

    Your proud former teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis


    ReplyDelete
  2. This ia a GREAT post from a GREAT son. My fathers day was perfect. I look forward to playing matchstick ALL summer long with you and KG.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey collin you realy spoilt your dad on fathers day!
    How did you spoil you dad last fathers day?
    I gave him a chocalate bar! Hey if you like please go to my blog
    here -> http://jamesbdps.global2.vic.edu.au/

    ReplyDelete