Thursday, April 25, 2013

Baseball


Photo by Mark G.


























Baseball is probably the most popular sport in the United States.  In fact, it is so popular people refer to it as our  nation's national pastime.  Baseball has a minor league, which is the division before MLB (Major League Baseball).  MLB is the highest league baseball goes to. Only about 500 to 600 people make it to the MLB.


There are also many little leagues around the world. I play in a little league in my town. I play catcher and right center field. Catcher can sometimes be scary because when the batter swings and misses I sometimes close my eyes and miss the ball.


Do you know any players in the MLB? If so, who is your favorite?

Do you play baseball?

5 comments:

  1. I used to play pitcher and first base when I was your age. Baseball was my favorite sport until I was around 12 years old. I hope you love baseball as much as I did.
    Love,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Collin,

    Great post! It is nice that you are so passionate about baseball. Is baseball your favorite sport? do you play other sports as well. My favorite part about baseball is hitting the ball, probably because I am not very good at catching.

    I look forward to reading more of your posts,

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Collin,

    I completely relate!! I also played catcher when I was your age. And like you I would sometimes close my eyes when the batter swung. I never got hit by the batter but sometimes I completely missed the ball and would get beaned in the shoulder. Thanks for such a Great Post. Keep those eyes open.

    Love,
    Uncle Gary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Collin, This is your friend Aidan . You are not kidding about playing catcher! I have played the position a few times this year, but I mainly pitch and play the outfield.I Wish we could play on the same team. Next time our parents get us together, bring your glove so we can play catch!

    Your Friend,

    Aidan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Collin,

    Grandpa and I had a good time on our vacation, but, we missed you and Kendall so much.

    I hope that you have fun tomorrow at the movies with Grandpa.

    How is you baseball team doing?

    Love,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete