Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day/ Beach Day


Photo by Collin's mom


Sunday was Mother's Day and we did something special. When my mom woke up, I made my delicious chocolate chip pancakes and we ate them outside. Then, we decided to head to the beach, but first we had to stop at the store and get some lunch. When we arrived it was so foggy it looked like icebergs were on the water, but a few hours later, the clouds cleared up.

In the afternoon, I decided to go boogie boarding. There was one wave I caught and had my leash on, but then I  fell off the board and I was still riding the wave on the sand.


What did you do for Mother's Day?

What is your favorite beach activity? 



3 comments:

  1. Dear Collin,

    What a lovely day! I bet your mom really enjoyed her special time with her children. Those chocolate chip pancakes sure sound delicious! Is it your special recipe?

    I had my mom over to my house for Mother's Day weekend. We went to a luncheon, a fashion show, and on Sunday, we had a special brunch for her. I think she was very happy with the special attention she received.

    Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Collin,

    I'm a mom in New York State and am so jealous! I did not get chocolate chip pancakes (which sound delicious) but my 3 children did surprise me. While I was sleeping, my youngest who is 15 years old, crept downstairs and placed a beautiful bouquet of red roses and baby's breath on the table with a card. Each of my kids wrote the most beautiful message to me so I started my day with a huge smile and tears of joy.

    We do not live anywhere near the ocean which is sad as that is my favorite place to be. I especially love to watch for the dolphins in the early morning. We all ride the waves too but nothing is quite like watching a pod of dolphins frolic in the water. So we did my next favorite thing, we went golfing.

    Have you ever golfed?

    Best wishes and I must complement you on your blog. It is very well written and was a joy to read. Keep up the good work!

    Mrs. Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Collin,

    I was at the mall shopping for my mother! It was fun because I bought some stuff for myself. My favorite thing to do at the beach is going boogie boarding.

    Do you like to go to the beach?

    Sincerely,
    Parsa

    ReplyDelete