Thursday, June 6, 2013

San Francisco


 
Photo by Collin

Picture by Collin's mom

Recently, I took a long road trip to visit my uncle, aunt, and cousin in San Fransisco. The trip was nine hours long! And you will never guess who was the best traveler.  Tahoe, my dog! 



Photo by Collin


















On the way, we passed some very interesting places such as Candlestick Park, (where the 49ers play), AT&T park (where the Giants play), and Alcatraz (a retired prison). When we arrived we were happy to see our two year old cousin, Alba. Then we headed to the backyard and there was something really fun. A swing! I loved flying on the swing. I felt like a Bald Eagle soaring through the sky.


The next day it got pretty hot, so we got out the slip n slide! It felt so good flying across the cool water after sitting in the boiling sun. Later that day, we decided to head to the beach. But when we arrived it was pretty chilly, so we decided to go to the House of Air. The House of Air was an amazing place where you could bounce on trampolines. After the bouncy journey it warmed up, so we had a nice picnic. We had salami, crackers, cheese, strawberries, watermelon, and of course, some dessert.

Have you ever been to San Francisco?




3 comments:

  1. Dear Collin,

    I thoroughly enjoyed reading your post about your trip to San Francisco! The photos of the beautiful Golden Gate Bridge were the perfect complement to your outstanding writing. I loved your visual image about how you felt on the swing! Nice!

    I've never heard of the House of Air. How many trampolines were there? I'm picturing an array, but I don't know how many rows or how many were in each row. Did anyone do a flip?

    I was please to hear about Tahoe being such a good traveler! I hope we will have that kind of success when we take Buck out on the road!

    Your proud teacher,
    Mrs. Y♥llis


    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Collin,

    I have been to San Francisco many times and really enjoyed the way you described the way you felt swinging and sliding into the pool. I could picture you so well flying high in the air. The photo you took of the bridge was great. You are becoming both a good writer and photographer.

    We have never taken our dog on long trips, but I think we may try it next time. Hopefully our dog Romeo will be as well behaved as Tahoe.

    Do you have any interesting plans for summer vacation?

    Al the best,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Collin,

    I believe that the average time to reach San Francisco would be seven hours! I think that Tahoe would be pretty darn bored by just laying there for seven hours!


    I love the San Francisco 49ers, but I like the Green Bay Packers more. They are the world champions by fourteen Super Bowl winnings. My family follows the 49ers, but they've beaten my awesome team. I adore the incredible Golden Gate Bridge.

    It is a catastrophe that you spent that long in a car! How many highways were you on? I think that you should be a little up on your game if your dog beats you! I am surprised that you were in there for about seven hours! If you went any where in the United States were, would you go? I would go to St. Louis to see the St. Louis Arch.

    Sincerely,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete